Centrifuge - When to use it?
Centrifuge is used for separating solids from liquids. An industrial centrifuge is designed to use intense centrifugal force generated by mass rotation to meet the needs of various applications. They are generally used for large scale fluid separation applications. Think of an industrial centrifuge as a larger version of a lab centrifuge used to mix samples at a much larger scale using a flow-through design that often allows separated solids and/or liquids to continuously exit the unit.
When to use it?
- Inorganic salts filtration & De water
- Organic crystalline solids filtration
- Insoluble solids separation
- Separation of solids from wash water
- Removing excess oil from fried food items
- Laundry applications
- Ex. Salt, Copper Sulphate , Manganese Sulphate etc, Dyes & intermediates, API, KPI, Plastic Teflon ,PP Washing, Etc. Potato Chips , Snacks and other eatables
When not to use?
- Sticky materials
- Non Filterable material
- Colloidal solids separation
- Very high Temperature material
- Ex. Slimey material , Milk Solids , Butter , Etc. Molten metal , Molten glass etc.
Proper Feeding Method
Uniform feed should be given in centrifuge via a valve
Better solid Concentration
Residence time in a centrifuge for dewatering approx 30-40 mins after majority of water of liquid is drained from the mixture.
Bottom Discharge centrifuge
Bottom Discharge Type Centrifuges are widely used in the chemical industry because they are made of high-quality materials. Scrappers are used to scrape the centrifuged solids, which can be done manually, pneumatically, or via hydraulic cylinder…..Read More
Top discharge centrifuge
The Top Discharge Type Centrifuge is a single point suspension that is widely used for filtration-based solid-liquid separation. The machine has a long operational life and allows for quick loading and unloading……Read More
Bag Lifting centrifuge
The Bag Lifting Type Centrifuge is a heavy-duty centrifuge that accelerates quickly and runs smoothly. The bottom opening of the filter bag allows for solids drainage, making solids discharge simple and quick……Read More